Friday 28 February 2014

The Limo

On February 14th, Saint Valentine's Day, I witnessed a sight that refuses to dissolve itself from my memory records. It was a large, white stretched limousine that took the road to the local prison.

What was this, I wonder? The first thing I thought (and hope it to be true) was of a man who thought it a perfect joke to go to jail in ironic style. [If I will ever have the privilege of being send to jail, I’ll take a gigantic limo too… whereas I’d go pick up a Royal or Public award on a donkey’s back (if it’s good enough for Jesus… it’s good enough for me).] Or, contrary wise, a car sent for to pick up a released convict. Or perhaps a man or a woman going on a conjugal visit. Or perhaps just a gangster who’s only car is this limo. Just questions again… never an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment