Wednesday 9 October 2013

Warped

Not too long ago, somewhere during the height of summer, I bought an LP record of Jacques Brel reading the story of Babar accompanied by music of Francis Poulenc. Unfortunately [isn't it peculiar that, somehow, all of my stories make this turn]... as I said, unfortunately, I may have sat on it in the car driving home, or perhaps I had placed a heavy bag on it. Whatever the event, back home I discovered that I had warped the record unplayable and was sad.

I stored the record in the cupboard and took it out again only today. And lo! It has straightened out and is perfectly playable again! Brel's majestic voice as clear as mountain dew! The Poulenc music the perfect companion. Not that I can understand the French story just yet of course, but it's a happy end all the same, and I know how much you people love that.


No comments:

Post a Comment